Christ Community Church – Re-opening Update
REGISTER FOR LIMITED IN-PERSON WORSHIP @ CCC on May 24th
Dear Members & Friends of Christ Community Church,
We are so thankful for God’s providential care in this season, as well as for your faithful prayers, and participation in our online worship experiences! We believe the work of the Holy Spirit in our midst has not ceased, and that even in this strange time we are being drawn into deeper fellowship with God and faithfulness to Christ!
Now, after significant research, prayer, and conversation, the Elders and Staff of CCC have decided on the following initial phase for a limited capacity reopening in person worship services. This is in addition to the live stream that we will continue. Remember, this is an initial, cautious step, which will test our new protocols, procedures, and ability to achieve compliance.
Again this Sunday, May 24, 2020 we will gather for one service at 10:45am.
You must preregister for this gathering, as seats will be limited in order to allow for social distancing while worshiping. If registration fills up, you will automatically be preregistered for next week's service.
This will be for the service only; Sunday School or Children’s Ministry classes have not resumed. Again, this service will be live streamed on all our streaming platforms as well.
The church is doing its part to ensure the congregation’s health and safety, by rearranging the room to accommodate social distancing, increasing the availability of hand sanitizers, shortening the length of the service, and eliminating or increasing the cleaning of high touch items (like door handles).
We are also asking everyone who is interested in attending, to consider and commit to the following:
- Be convinced in your own mind whether God would have you return this week or not (Rom. 14:5).
- Whatever your opinion of what you or others should do, commit to “humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” (Eph 4:2-3).
- If you are in an at-risk demographic, or live with someone who is, we strongly encourage you to wait a little longer before rejoining us for in-person worship.
- Stay home if you currently, or in the last 14 days, have been sick, had flu like symptoms, had a fever over 100 degrees, or have been in contact with anyone who has or may have COVID-19.
- Wear a mask the entire time you are on campus, including during worship.
- Maintain a 6ft distance from others while seated or standing.
- Because of the increased danger associated with singing in enclosed spaces, please keep your mask on and either sing in a very low voice, or simply sing and make melody to the Lord with your heart (Eph 5:19).
- Parents should consider whether their children will be able to be attentive during even a shortened worship time and plan accordingly.
If you are committed in these ways to loving your neighbor as yourself (Matt 22:29), bearing with one another in love (Eph 4:3), and obeying the leadership who keep watch over you and must give an account for you (Heb 13:17), then please preregister by Thursday at 1:00pm at the link above.
If you are still considering whether you should resume in person worship, or if you can’t wholeheartedly agree to the precautions stated above, we encourage you to “continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving” (Col 4:2) and continue worshiping with us online each Sunday at 10:45am!
Thank you again for your continued prayers, giving, and support in this season!
In the Bond of Peace,
The Elders and Staff of Christ Community Church